Thursday, December 10, 2009

Pimento cheese and crackers

So . . . unlike me, Pops isn't really a Pimento Cheese lover. A friend served this recipe at our small group Bible study the other night, and I was quite surprised when Pops went back for seconds. It's quick and easy to prepare; and best when you let it sit in the fridge for a while. I tried the recipe, and we've been nibbling away . . . mmm. One whole batch + a box of crackers have disappeared in less than a week's time!

2 bags of thinly shredded cheese (the Mexican 4 cheeses mix)
1 large + 1 small jar of diced pimentos
"About" 1/2 of a large jar of Hellman's mayonnaise (according to the cook, it MUST be Hellman's)
I actually use a little less than 1/2 of the jar.
1/4 - 1/2 tsp salt (according to taste)
3 tsp of diced Jalapeno peppers (Pops wants more the next time!)
2-3 tsp sugar, according to taste (I used Splenda Blend)
Stir to mix.

2 comments:

Amandrew Brown said...

that sounds reallllly good. We'll have to try that sometime

Heather said...

Kathy...is this you? It took me a little while, but I finally found Bill's Wordpress blog, which led me to what I think might be yours. I also saw Adam and Andy's. Everyone looks like they are doing great and boy you have some grandkids! Cute ones too!
This is Heather Feather by the way. I lost your address over the last several years and I would love to send you a Christmas card. If this is you, I would love to hear form you. my email address is hcharton@gmail.com.