Thursday, September 30, 2010

Promises

Last Saturday was Nana Jane's 40th day of recovery . . . I nicknamed her "Noah" (you know, 40 days and nights of rain . . .)

Pops and I have been praying for Nana Jane; for healing & for strength of body, mind, and spirit. We also have been praying each morning for Adam and Connie and the kiddos as they settle in Macon. Adam has especially been on my heart.

As I was driving home tonight, I was thinking about these two very special family members and continuing to lift their names up to our Father. I had to run into the Dollar Store for a couple of things. When I came out of the store, there was the most beautiful double rainbow in the sky . . .two rainbows ~ two promises from God. It brought back memories of JD's funeral . . . remember hearing John tell the girls how God would surely see their family through . . . and how they would be alright, because God always keeps His promises? God is our Sustainer! May He grant Nana Jane and Adam the ability to appropriate His great peace, strength, and rest as they each face the challenges before them.

2 comments:

Adam, Connie, Josiah, and Bella said...

thanks for the prayers mama, and the encouraging words. love you mama.

Anonymous said...

thanks sweetie pie, your are all ways there when I need encouraging nana