Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Early morn

Pops (4:30ish) and Andrew (3:30ish, I think) headed out to the boat very early this morning. When I awoke and looked out at the harbor and channel at 5:30, I could see why. The water looked like glass . . . and those two were chompin' at the bits to get out to the warm water for a day with mahi-mahi. The boat had obviously departed from its slip!I enjoyed a morning of solitude, in Proverbs and Colossians; and then decided to do what I've always enjoyed doing while on vacation at the beach . . . I took a long walk.

Feels like the tropics

It was great, Daddy. I spent some time thinking of you and reminiscing about the Kiser reunions at Surfside and Garden City. While I didn't look for sharks' teeth and I didn't walk along a sandy beach, I did thoroughly enjoy God's creation. Beaufort is quite charming in the early morn.


A friend posted a Youtube clip of the Gettys' Creation Sings the Father's Song on FB yesterday. What a great song to go along with the 100+ bird chorus I heard singing . . . I distinguished about 7 different calls, tweets, coos, squawks, etc. And Charlotte, I saw about 5 wild horses on Carrot Island. No pics though, my camera batteries died :(

I didn't end my walk by climbing up the stairs of the Hey-loo and smelling the bacon that Uncle Tippy was frying; but a bagel and muffin on the balcony was quite nice!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm there with you even though I'm here. You paint a picture quite well!! Glad you are having your time!! nana jane

Adam K. Brown said...

man, I wish I could have been there with you guys today. love you and I'm looking forward to talking to you guys tomorrow night.

Amandrew Brown said...

I absolutely love the picture you took of that tree swing with the boat & dock as a backdrop. Great picture, Mama.
-AB3