Saturday, March 20, 2010

Promises

The sun is shining
Gentle breeze
Birds are chirping
Green sprouts, dirt
Getting flowerbeds ready for mulch
I'm in much need for natural Vitamin D!

Good-bye couch
I'm headed outdoors

the promises of spring

blooms on the forsynthia announce
Spring's arrival
first ever success . . . my hydrangea survived
the winter
phlox
kiser daylillies

a kiss of spring outside my kitchen sink window

another soon-to-come promise,
the yellow pine pollen


All of this to enjoy now . . . along with another promise
a distant daydream!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would say you were one tired puppy. Surely looks great and more to come. You go farm girl all you need is Charlotte here to help you like she use to!!! see her soon!nana jane

hashbrowns said...

I'm real happy to hear about your hydrangea success- can't wait to see it for myself. The first time I ever saw a hydrangea was on my honeymoon when we were visiting the gardens at Manteo- I have loved them ever since. I was amazed that such a flower could grow- I'm happy you'll have something so beautiful in your yard.

Anonymous said...

your yard is looking beautiful, mom. Amanda and I are planting to hydrangeas soon as well. They are Amanda's favorite flower (hence, they were our wedding flower) so she'll be excited to finally see them planted right outside our breakfast area. Loved the pictures... thanks for sharing.
-AB3